At Apollo Medical Associates, our expert clinicians offer Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy for a range of musculoskeletal problems. And, we are pleased to inform you that we now accept TRICARE for PRP therapy specific to:
- Mild to moderate chronic osteoarthritis of the knee
- Lateral epicondylitis, also known as “tennis elbow”
What is PRP therapy?
PRP therapy is a regenerative injection used to stimulate the healing of musculoskeletal problems such as arthritis and chronic joint pain, muscle injuries, tendon injuries, chronic sprains, ligament injuries, and more.
PRP therapy works by using uses regenerative cells found in the body to accelerate the healing process. Your blood is processed to make it rich in platelets that stimulate the healing process and build new connective tissue. This platelet-rich plasma is then injected into the injury site using ultrasound or fluoroscopy to ensure it reaches the correct location.
Using this natural substance from your own body is particularly beneficial for osteoarthritis and tennis elbow. Benefits of PRP injections include:
- They stimulate the healing process
- Reduction of pain, swelling, and inflammation
- They can be used to delay joint replacement surgery or alleviate symptoms if there is a long wait for surgery
- Both acute and chronic injuries can be treated
- They are minimally invasive, leaving little to no scarring
- Recovery time is short
Apollo Medical Associates can now accept TRICARE for PRP injections for mild to moderate chronic osteoarthritis of the knee and tennis elbow.
What is TRICARE?
TRICARE is a health care program for the United States uniformed service members, retirees, and their families. It provides health plans, special programs, prescriptions, and dental plans to all beneficiaries. The Defense Health Agency manages TRICARE, and their health plans meet the requirements for minimum essential coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
TRICARE for Knee Pain & Tennis Elbow
At Apollo Medical Associates, we now accept TRICARE for:
- PRP therapy for mild to moderate chronic osteoarthritis of the knee
- PRP therapy for tennis elbow
- Hormone Replacement Treatment
Our highly trained medical experts offer a range of services, including PRP therapy, hormone replacement therapy, medical weight loss, and aesthetic medical services.
If you would like to arrange a full consultation or have questions about our services in relation to TRICARE, fill out our form below!